Thursday, May 24, 2012

When Public Property Becomes Too Public

This could only be Lebanon. Where else would people so ingenuously disregard the line between public and private property?

Not only do they use the road signs to hang their logos, I am assuming they do it without requesting permission nor paying fees for this 'advertising medium'. Or at least I would like to think so. 


Had they actually been granted permission to do this I would be dazzled. I can already read the headline in my head 'public property legally abused'. (I admit, that would have been a more interesting title for this post.)


After all, it is as important for people to know how to reach their shop, as it is for them to reach Beirut, right?

(The end... Or at least this was supposed to be the end of this post; then, something fun happened.)

 That very same evening when I first wrote this post, I was passing by the same sign, only to find that it was replaced... 



No comments: